The Digital German Geothermal Congress
The German Geothermal Association invites geothermal energy experts from science and industry to exchange knowledge and network at the Digital German Geothermal Congress from 9th - 13th November 2020. The central knowledge platform of the geothermal energy industry thus provides a format that is independent of the further development of the corona pandemic.
In autumn, the geothermal industry traditionally gathers for the Geothermal Congress. Instead of being held on site as usual, this year the congress will be offered in virtual rooms. With the Digital German Geothermal Congress, the German Geothermal Association is expanding its online services. The digital congress will be organised in cooperation with an agency which is experienced in online congresses.
Dr. Erwin Knapek, President of the German Geothermal Association, emphasises:
"Especially in times when pandemic and climate change require technologically and scientifically solid solutions, we need new ways of transferring knowledge. The Geothermal Congress can offer this reliably in digital form and reach a broad public as well as the interested specialists in this new format".
In the coming months, the German Geothermal Association will continue to provide a platform for a constant exchange of information. The online workshop series "Geothermal Insights" will highlight a number of current topics. The dates will be published on www.geothermie.de.
The Digital German Geothermal Congress will be opened by a keynote speech by Ina Scharrenbach, Minister for Municipal Affairs, Construction and Equality of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The Call for Papers is now closed.
From all submissions, the scientific committee selects the lectures and arranges them into thematic groups.
From 17th of August onwards, speakers will be informed whether their presentation has been accepted.
We will also ask you if you would like your presentation to be recorded, if you will provide your PPT-presentation or long versions of your abstract.
Furthermore, we will send you a manual on how to present at the digital congress.
Please don´t hesitate to ask if you have any questions: dgk(at)geothermie
As a speaker you will receive a discount on the participation fee.
A maximum of 15 minutes with subsequent discussion is allowed for a presentation. The language of the lecture is usually German, English lectures are also very welcome.
A detailed form of the accepted lecture will be published in the digital conference folder. Please submit the long version of your topic online upon request. Instructions and the format template for manuscripts will be available on the congress website shortly.
- The student tariff is granted to persons under 29 years of age in 1st decree, if a current certificate of study or training is enclosed with the registration. Furthermore, students with degrees such as master, PhD etc. who take part in the "Science Bar" to present their final thesis, can take part for free, independently from any age limit.
- In case of cancellation of the registration a handling fee of 40 € is due. For cancellations received later than 14 days before the start of the conference, 50% of the fee will be charged. The full fee will be charged for non-attendance. Representation of the registered participant is permitted with prior notice.
- The conference documents and congress passes will be sent by post or e-mail.
- You will only receive an invoice online, not by post.
- Data protection: By registering, you consent to the storage of your data. The Bundesverband Geothermie e.V. protects your personal data. It will treat the data of the participants confidentially and only use them in accordance with the data protection regulations. Personal data are all data stored in connection with your name. The inventory data transmitted by the participant (first name, surname, billing address, e-mail address) is stored by the Bundesverband Geothermie in a list of participants and processed, used and - if necessary - passed on to service providers commissioned for this purpose for the purpose of providing the service and billing. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
- Photography and filming: By registering, you give your consent to the creation of photographs of your person during the event and to the use of such images in association material and for public reporting. If you do not agree to this, please inform us in writing when registering.
- It is forbidden to photograph the presentations and posters!