Call for Papers
The German Geothermal Energy Association is calling for contributions to the forums of the Geothermal Energy Congress 2023. Please submit an abstract of your planned contribution via the online form by 30 June 2023.
The main topics of the Geothermal Congress 2023 are:
- Exploration, data basis
- Development, drilling technology, groundwater protection
- Reservoir management, hydraulics, hydrochemistry, modelling
- EGS, stimulation techniques, seismology
- Measurement and monitoring technology, data management, AI
- Raw material co-production
- Surface facilities, heat distribution
Medium-depth and Shallow geothermal:
- Post-mining use
- District solutions
- Cold grids
- Large and high temperature heat pumps
- Operational planning and optimisation
- ATES solutions, system relevance
- High temperature storage
ENERGY POLICY, RESEARCH POLICY, FUNDING
- Research Framework Programme
- Municipal heat planning
- Subsidy instruments
- Financing models
CASE HISTORIES, LESSONS LEARNED
- Commercial projects, operational experience
- Ongoing research projects
- Education and training, experts
Furthermore, papers on all geothermally relevant topics can still be submitted.
The Scientific Committee will select the presentations from all submissions and arrange them into thematic groups.
From around end of July 2023, speakers will find out whether their presentation has been accepted.
As a speaker, you will receive a discount on the participation fee.
A maximum of 15 minutes is allotted for a presentation, followed by a discussion. The presentation language is usually German, but English-language presentations are also welcome.
Papers can be submitted as presentations or posters (portrait format A0) in German or English.
A fully formulated version of the accepted presentation may appear in the digital conference folder. Optionally, please submit the long version of your topic online when requested. Instructions and the format template for manuscript preparation will be available shortly on the congress page.