German Geothermal Congress 2020
The German Geothermal Congress takes place from 10th to 12th of November 2020 in Essen at "Haus der Technik", Hollestr. 1 in 45127 Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
The congress venue can easily be reached from Essen Central Station by foot (200 m to walk).
The "Haus der Technik" was designed and build by Edmund Körner in 1922 and was place of business of the Essen stock market until 1934. The correspondent association "Haus der Technik e.V." holds a cooperation with RWTH Aachen University and runs this house as a venue for about 1500 courses, meetings, exhibitions and congresses per year. Their aim is to knot science and research with economy and use the house as a forum for exchange of knowledge and experience.
Submission deadline: 1st of June 2020.
The German Geothermal Energy Association calls for submissions for the German Geothermal Congress (DGK) 2020. Please submit a short version (abstract) of your intended contribution using the online form by June 1, 2020.
The topics 2020:
Deep geothermal energy
- municipal heat supply & networks
- innovative technical developments
- exploration & reservoir management
- co-production for geothermal drilling
Shallow geothermal energy
- innovative plant concepts
- probes, probe materials & grouting materials
- cold local heating networks & district concepts
- quality assurance & certification
- underground heat storages
- legal framework
- sector coupling
- heating networks
- heat pumps
From all submissions, the scientific committee selects the lectures and arranges them into thematic groups.
From 15th of July onwards, speakers will be informed whether their presentation has been accepted.
As a speaker you will receive a discount on the participation fee.
You can register online for the congress as of 1st of April 2020.
A maximum of 15 minutes with subsequent discussion is allowed for a presentation. The language of the lecture is usually German, English lectures are also very welcome.
A detailed form of the accepted lecture or poster will be published in the digital conference folder. Please submit the long version of your topic online upon request. Instructions and the format template for manuscripts will be available on the congress website shortly.
Lectures and posters on all geothermal relevant topics can be submitted.
- Early bird: For bookings until 31/8/20 there is a 10 percent discount on the regular participant tickets (except: speaker tariff, student tariff, evening tickets).
- Company members may register a maximum of as many persons for the membership tariff as they have registered employees in the BVG.
- The student tariff is granted to persons under 27 years of age if a current certificate of study or training is enclosed with the registration.
- In case of cancellation of the registration a handling fee of 40 € is due. For cancellations received later than 14 days before the start of the conference, 50% of the fee will be charged. The full fee will be charged for non-attendance. Representation of the registered participant is permitted with prior notice.
- The conference documents and congress passes will not be sent by post, but hand out on site. You will only receive an invoice online, not by post.
- Data protection: By registering, you consent to the storage of your data. The Bundesverband Geothermie e.V. protects your personal data. It will treat the data of the participants confidentially and only use them in accordance with the data protection regulations. Personal data are all data stored in connection with your name. The inventory data transmitted by the participant (first name, surname, billing address, e-mail address) is stored by the Bundesverband Geothermie in a list of participants and processed, used and - if necessary - passed on to service providers commissioned for this purpose for the purpose of providing the service and billing. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
- Photography and filming: By registering, you give your consent to the creation of photographs of your person during the event and to the use of such images in association material and for public reporting. If you do not agree to this, please inform us in writing when registering.
- It is forbidden to photograph the presentations and posters!
Bundesverband Geothermie e.V.
10117 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)30 200 95 495 0